Tell your friends about this item:
Chet Baker Sings
Our customers say:
Also available as:
Chet Baker Sings
There are several Chet Baker albums with the title Chet Baker Sings, but this one recorded for Pacific Jazz in 1954 and 1956 is the original, and arguably, the best. The album features Chet's indelible vocals and sterling trumpet playing with two different quartet line-ups both featuring pianist Russ Freeman on a set of classic standards that he made his own including "My Funny Valentine," "That Old Feeling," and "I Fall In Love Too Easily." For the first time in more than 60 years, this definitive edition was cut from the original master tapes in the correct order with pristine fidelity. The gatefold packaging includes additional session photography by William Claxton.
THE TONE POET VINYL SERIES PART 10: CHET BAKER
- Recorded on 15th February 1954 and 23rd/30th July 1956 in Hollywood, California
- Baker's 14-track debut vocal album, originally released on Pacific Jazz in 1956
- A classic West Coast ballad album from a jazz icon
- Featuring pianist Russ Freeman, bassists Carson Smith, Joe Mondragon and Jimmy Bond, and drummers Bob Neel, Larance Marable and Peter Lipman
- Showcases Baker's famous, timeless takes on the standards 'My Funny Valentine', 'Like Someone In Love', 'Time After Time', 'I Fall In Love Too Easily', 'I Get Along Without You Very Well' and 'The Thrill Is Gone'
- Produced by Pacific Jazz co-founder Richard Bock
- Featuring photography by esteemed jazz snapper William Claxton and liner notes by Gerald Heard
BLUE NOTE'S NEW TONE POETS SERIES / 180GR.
|Media||Musik LP (LP VINYL)|
|Dimensions||314 × 314 × 3 mm|
|Weight (estimated)||300 g|